Friday, September 24, 2010

Member Spotlight: Zofia Bogusz - Dreamgaze





International Women Artists' Salon is pleased to announce member Zofia Bogusz's participation in the group exhibition "Dreamgaze" as part of the Newark Arts Council open doors...Reception tonight, Sept. 24th...

Please join me at the opening where I will be showcasing a new painting in my "Mannequin Series".  -Zofia

"Dreamgaze"  ( September 24th - Oct. 24th, 2010)  is a contemporary arts group exhibition during the Newark Arts Council open doors.

OPENING RECEPTION:
Friday, September 24th, 5pm - 9pm

LOCATION:
The Barat Foundation Gallery
765 Broad St.
Newark, NJ  07102
(entrance for exhibition is located on Bank St.)


"Liquid"oil and pencils in wood11in x 26in

 

Zofia Bogusz, a story...
The Atlantic Ocean floats perfectly between NYC and Poland. The trip I took across it as a kid, has fueled my interest in people's lives and identities. That is what my art is about. It is a collection of places visited and places to be, real or symbolic. Water and war are recurring themes that portray an experience of both disturbance and serenity. The realistic human subjects in my work make a focal connection to our common world. Graphite and wood give me control in making them refined and raw. Their environment, whether its social or natural, does not necessarily follow physical rules of space, creating a surreal free floating narrative, much like our memories. Color, oil paint, and the form of the surfaces support and enhance the atmosphere. In my work there is a strive for balance, and acceptance of the various dualities in our lives.

Zofia Bogusz
http://zofiaart.com
http://zofiaart.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment