Thursday, February 21, 2013

Salon Solo Presents Janet Restino, Painter


 

International Women Artists’ Salon is pleased to announce a solo exhibition of salonista Janet Restino's paintings and prints.


SEEING RED/IN THE BLACK/POETIC NUDES



THE PRODUCERS CLUB

www.producersclub.com     212-315-4743 



2/12 TO 3/2/2013

9:30am – 10pm 7 days a week

358 W 44TH ST (corner 9th av) NYC



More nudes is good news! Lots of red going on because February is a cold month and we need to heat things up!  Some nudes come with lines of poetry and dialog……

Drawings from life – some from pencil and ink on paper scanned in and colorized, manipulated and given new contexts.

New paintings on canvas (canvas courtesy of Lillian Gottlieb)


Eve talking to the snake is from a tiny sketch on paper that I did years ago….and because it’s Year of the Snake!

Happy Birthday Duke – framed pastel and charcoal on paper added to the mix – though not red - because it fits the room so well!

New! my prints are now available as posters – under $100!



FINE ARTIST/PHOTOGRAPHER/WRITER/SINGER/MUSICIAN
I’m not much different than a bee making honey, a spider spinning a web. I mine the psyche and the spirit to make art. I’m just a vessel at times – keeping myself in tune to participate in the act of creation, which feels truly divine.

I create with heart, hands and head in many media. I am intuitive, instinctual, and often impulsive. Nature is always calling the shots.



I am always writing and perform as a singer/songwriter/poet Off Off Broadway. I like to co-mingle media. My poetry and lyrics also find their way into my images – especially ink drawings of nudes – adding a literary component that takes the sensual visuals to the cerebral plane.



I am steeped in visual history from cave drawings to cartoons, from Willendorfs to windmills, frescos to figleafs and fractals, papyrus to Polaroids to pixels.



Coming to NYC in the 80’s from Philadelphia, I “bopped around” various neighborhoods in the East and West Village and Brooklyn concentrating on poetry, music and live performances until settling in Hells Kitchen when I put visual art on the front burner again.



Formally trained as a sculptor, I studied figure drawing at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and got modern with a NYC master of Abstract Expressionism. 


 


Venue www.producersclub.com  


WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/JANETSARTHOUSE

Phone: 212-757-7917 CELL 347-301-5187                         

Email: JANETSARTHOUSE@NYC.RR.COM 
See me on YOUTUBE.COM – type in JANET RESTINO
AND ON FACEBOOK





No comments:

Post a Comment